Goal and Objectives
The goal of WetlandsLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure is to connect youth and educators to wetlands to engage in learning activities that inspire hands-on stewardship action and meet national science education standards.
Learn . . .
- About wetlands and their importance
- About the many important wetland functions (as nurseries, stopovers for migratory species, water purifiers, erosion control, etc.)
- About the international connections of wetland
- The importance of being a good steward
- About the role of citizens like you, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in protecting and conserving habitat
Act . . .
- By taking your classroom outside and engaging in hands-on wetland stewardship
- By participating in a citizen science program related to wetlands
Connect . . .
- With wetlands of local and global importance, including those across the Pacific Rim
- With other students and teachers across the globe
- With international partners and develop positive relationships